Your Global Partner for Innovative Connectivity Solutions
- Smiths Interconnect is a leading provider of innovative solutions for critical semiconductor test applications.
- Smiths Interconnect’s test sockets and probe card solutions offer superior quality and reliability, providing customers with a competitive advantage.
- Our best-in-class engineering, development and technical expertise ensure support of automated, system level and development test platforms for area array, peripheral, wafer level and Package on Package (PoP) devices as well as high performance spring probe technology and cable assemblies.
- Our extensive product portfolio accommodates devices with finest micro pitches as well as those with very high bandwidth requirements.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Deep Learning
- High-speed Memory
- Analog RF
- Smart Phone CPU
- Wearable Technology
- NFC - Near Field Communications
- Power Management
- Wireless Communications
We integrate the highest performance contact technologies into a broad range of interconnect systems that provide reliable performance and protection against breakdown. Our broad suite of connectivity solutions comply with regulatory and application specific requirements and enjoy a reputation of excellence in the marketplace.
Smiths Interconnect’s in-house capabilities encompass design, development, manufacturing and testing to respond quickly and accurately to customers’ needs, and provide the most reliable testing solutions.
- 3D EM Modelling
- Advanced RF & System Modelling
- CAD/CAM & Solid Modelling
- Finite Element Analysis
- Reliability Analysis
- CNC turning & Milling Centers
- Cabling / Prototype Assembly
- 3D Printing
- Ceramic Grinding
- Circuit Board Routing
- Precision Machine Shops
- Connector, Contact & Cable Assembly
- Automated PCB Assembly & Inspection
- Automated Hybrid Assembly
- Automated Test & Tune
- System Integration
- Validation Testing
- Electrical Acceptance & LOT Test
- RF Test Capability up to 325 GHz
- High Speed Digital
- Anechoic Chamber Testing
- ESS Environmental Qualification
- ESS Temperature, Shock & Vibration
- Real-Time X-Ray
- Near Field /Compact Antenna Range
- Probe Analysis Capabilities
Optical interconnect for high-speed, high-bandwidth 10GigE and 40GigE cameras
The LightVISION® VM operates like a QSFP+ but offers reduced dimensions and power consumption, operation over industrial temperature range, and option for board-mount or edge-mount. This optical module offers size and performance advantages over the QSFP+ in addition to Reflex Photonics products proven reliability and ruggedness. This new device is perfectly suited for 40GigE high-speed camera and demanding machine vision applications.
Increasing Digital Reliability
As computers, mobiles and smart devices become more advanced, so must the integrated chips that support them. Smiths Interconnect’s new Volta semiconductor test solutions, are leading the way. These solutions are used for testing the integrated chip packages behind everything from Bluetooth and power management to digital displays. Volta significantly outperforms the competition in both durability and performance.
High speed SEM based defect review system
The chipmakers defect review challenges are growing as processes move to smaller and smaller node technology like 10 nm and 7 nm. The ability to discriminate killer defect from viable defect rely more and more on high-end imaging techniques. The sensor resolution and capture speed must increase at the same time to improve the machine throughput and keep capturing the smallest defect efficiently.
On Demand Webinar
Advanced Thermal Management for High-Power IC Test
High-Performance Compute, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning are driving a new wave of demand for extremely large and complex chips. These giant chips – typically over 20B transistors per device – required enormous power draws, which in turn, generates heat. To address these challenges, sophisticated thermal system modelling must be applied, and custom solutions must be design around these models. For device manufacturers, it has become critical to properly manage IC thermal output during the critical device testing phases.
In this Webinar, Smiths Interconnect experts describe state-of-the art of Thermal Management Solutions applied to advanced digital processor IC devices. Special attention will be given to the emerging SiP and large BGA package challenges facing the industry.
Key Learning Objectives
- Advanced thermal management for high power ICs
- Cooling solutions for high performance ICs
- Basics of thermal management and cooling solutions
Register to download