Technology industry venture financing deals total $10.6bn in US in January 2022
Total technology industry venture financing deals worth $10.6bn were announced in the US in January 2022, led by $550m venture financing of Fireblocks, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 23.3% over the previous month of $13.84bn and a drop of 25.05% when compared with the last 12-month average of $14.17bn.
The US held a 41.15% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $25.81bn in January 2022.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, the US recorded 395 deals during January 2022, marking a decrease of 27.26% over the previous month and a drop of 30.82% over the 12-month average.
US technology industry venture financing deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 17.2% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $1.83bn, against the overall value of $10.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry venture financing deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Altimeter Capital Management,Canapi Ventures, CapitalG Management Co, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, General Atlantic, Iconiq Strategic Partners, Index Ventures, Mammoth Investors, Paradigm Ventures, ParaFi Capital, Ribbit Capital, SCB10X, Sequoia Capital Operations, Spark Capital and The Bank of New York Mellon $550m venture financing deal with Fireblocks
2) The $400m venture financing of West Realm Shires Services by Greenoaks Capital Management, Lightspeed Venture Partners – US, Multicoin Capital Management, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Steadview Capital, Temasek Holdings (Private) and Tribe Capital
3) Coatue Management and Paradigm (US) $300m venture financing deal with Ozone Networks
4) The $300m venture financing of Brex by Greenoaks Capital Management and Technology Crossover Ventures
5) Bank of Montreal, Coatue Management and Schonfeld Strategic Advisors $275m venture financing deal with Inxeption
BACK TO TOP